Friday, April 12, 2013

How Alcohol Awareness Classes Helped My Dad

Both my parents have struggled with alcohol problems throughout my whole childhood. My mother stopped drinking when I was in high school but my dad continued to drink even though he tried to quit.

It got to be really embarrassing, and I never wanted to have friends over. He would  make a big fool of himself and make my friends uncomfortable. My mom finally had enough, and got a divorce from him several years after she stopped drinking.

A few years ago, I signed him up for an alcohol awareness class. When he told me he took it, I didn't want to get my hopes up. I figured he'd stop drinking for a little while but this was his pattern before starting back up again.

For some reason, the online alcohol class really helped him. He's attending AA meetings every day and has a sponsor helping him stay sober. He says he hasn't had a drink since and is determined to turn his life around.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
    Rehab Online

    ReplyDelete