Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Son is Very Lucky He Got to Take an Alcohol Class

My son is very lucky. He did not get jail time for his DUI conviction. He also did not lose his job. He did however, lose his license for a year and I refuse to give him rides. He can take the bus, walk, or borrow a bicycle. 

He was ordered to take alcohol awareness classes. Since he was unable to attend a local class he is taking them online. The classes are good since they go into detail about the risks of DUI. My son needs to learn  how dangerous it is to get behind the wheel of a car if he has been drinking.

The night he spent in jail was a wake up call for him but I believe more education will help. The classes also helped me see what I need to do to help without nagging but setting good limits since he still lives at home.  We are learning to be different which means there is a lot more communication and honest conversations.

Indirectly, as a result, my husband has completely given up alcohol. This is good role modeling and leadership. I'm proud of them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment