Monday, March 11, 2013

I Need a MIP Class for My Son

My son was just caught with some beer last night and was charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol. Now, he will have to to to court in a week and whatever else that follows.

I am very disappointed and upset with him. He needs to take a class because he won't listen to me and he is making poor decisions. The school counselor recommended a good online minor in possession class. He believes taking a class will make him "look better" in court, but I am afraid he is trying to manipulate the situation rather than becoming more aware of his behavior.

It is important that my son learns that underage drinking is against the law even if his friends are doing it. Punishing him hasn't done much so now he must face the legal system and he is responsible for all costs associated with this. I did not raise him to break the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment