Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Class Was Quick and Easy

I had to complete an alcohol awareness class in order to start a new job. I was excited about this position at the hospital helping people who suffer from substance abuse. However, when I was hired for the job, I was unprepared for the number requirements I had to go through before I was actually able to start work.

One of the requirements was to complete a 24 hour online alcohol class. I was instructed to find the class on my own, complete it, then review it.  I turned to the Internet and found several sites that offered such classes. Some of the sites looked pretty cheesy so I found a site that had good information and looked professional. Even though the class cost more, I felt it was superior to the less expensive classes. I actually learned a lot and will recommend this class to my patients.

In fact, after my review of the class and my suggestion to use it for educational purposes, my new boss already complimented me on my initiative and good ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment