Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Minor in Possession Class for My Son

When I caught my son smoking a joint in his bedroom, I wasn't sure what to do. It almost seemed like he wanted to get caught because he didn't even try to hide it very well. I tried to talk with him but he put up walls and was very shut down. I knew if we did not get to the bottom of this right then and there, that it would only lead to more destructive behavior.

I had been reading about a minor in possession class that is usually court ordered when a child is caught by the authorities, but it did not mean that it was only reserved for those kids. I decided to give my son an ultimatum. He could take those classes online and learn about the destructive path he is going down, or he would have to quit the soccer team.

He lives for soccer and agreed to take the class. He came to me and said that he learned a lot, and those walls between us, are slowly coming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment