Thursday, January 3, 2013

We Are Better People Today After Taking an Alcohol Awareness Class

I could smell alcohol on my son's breath a lot more often lately. He is only 20 years old and I was so worried he was going to get in trouble. He caught me crying one day over it and that made him realize that his actions were affecting his entire family. We had a heart-to-heart talk that day and we both found out a lot about each other. I didn't realize he was turning to alcohol because he missed his father, and he didn't know that I missed his father just as much. He had left all of us about three years earlier and we had not dealt with it very well.

We looked online and found alcohol awareness classes for him to take, because he no longer wanted to hurt me or his younger sisters with his behavior. I also found some anger management classes for me to take, and we both are better people today because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment