Saturday, January 19, 2013

I Need a MIP Class for My Child

As a parent of four teen boys, I expected that sooner or later one of them would get into some type of trouble. I was not prepared, however, to have two of the boys get caught with beer in their trunk. Thank goodness they were not drinking and driving but just having the beer was enough to get them arrested.

My husband and I decided to let them stew overnight in jail. Then, I gave him the privilege of bonding them out. Now, that most of the experience is behind us, they have been ordered to participate in alcohol classes and do some community service to pay back their fines. We found a minor in possession class online. After consulting with the judge and their probation officer, it was agreed that these classes would satisfy the requirement.

I took the class with them for information's sake and found it to be highly educational. The boys have finished and are now off the hook with the legal community. However, now that we are better educated, we will  continue discussing this matter openly at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment