Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Watch Your Kids Closely when They Are out to Party

My son just returned from his first minor in possession or MIP class. Three weeks ago he was caught at a party with an open alcohol container. He was charged with minor in possession of alcohol. As a result there were fines that I have to pay and my son had to agree to take an online alcohol class.

The point of the class is to inform and educate minors about the risks of using alcohol at a young age, and it also speaks to the legality of drinking alcohol under the age of 21. I do not condone my son drinking so I will have to keep a close eye on him from now on. It is the least of my responsibilities as a parent to know what he is up to. He now knows that I can "spot check" on him at anytime - this means that I will randomly show up to where he says he is going to be and see what he is doing. We both agreed that this annoying intrusion of his privacy is a result of him not making wiser and more responsible decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment