Saturday, January 12, 2013

Taking My Alcohol Classes Online

Everyone has their moments of weakness and shame. One of mine in the last few years was that I got in trouble for alcohol possession. I was a minor at the time, so to get busted by the cops really complicated my life. It did make me think about things in the long run which is good. Drinking isn't a joke. You could end up behind the wheel of a car and seriously hurting someone or yourself.

I'm glad they allowed me to take my alcohol classes online. It satisfied the court requirements, which was a big help. Taking a class in person would have caused me interfered with my job and college courses.  It's great that out of all this at least they didn't want to ruin my life. They just wanted to help me by teaching me about my behavior and decisions. It's strange but now I can see more clearly how much I was drinking and how much denial I was in.

I don't know if this was one of those those times when you feel grateful for a terrible situation, but being caught, despite how humiliating it was, feels like it has seriously changed my path and I am a better person as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment