Friday, September 14, 2012

An Alcohol Awareness Class Can Help You Stop Drinking Today


As a recovering alcoholic I can tell you there is no better time to begin your sobriety than right now. Sometimes quitting a terrible habit like drinking alcohol to excess happens with a snap decision. It happened for me, and it certainly can happen for you.

As a counselor for both in-class and online alcohol classes I often discuss the benefits of a life without alcohol to my students. Please believe me when I tell you that the benefits far outweigh any pleasure you derive from alcohol.
 
Quitting is One Stage

It has been said there are three stages to addiction – denial, anger and acceptance. The human brain is an amazing organ and can help us rationalize all sorts of aberrant behavior.

Again, having counseled thousands of students from my alcohol class I can attest that once one’s addiction takes hold, the addict is cognizant of the situation. Denial is a very short phase and sometimes anger does not have to happen. It is possible to go straight to acceptance.

I went from being a serious alcoholic who got intoxicated daily to quitting. An alcohol class helped me and it can help you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment